Jimmer is now kickin’ it with the Kings. Was I let down? Ehhh, naw. I think I’m neutral…like Switzerland. It could have been better, but it could have been much worse! And 10th pick? Not too shabby, Jimmer, not too shabby. I think it’ll be good for him to start his career with Sacramento, and I’m betting that sooner or later he’ll be traded to the Jazz. They’d be dumb in the head if they didn’t at least try to get him- he’d be a freaking cash cow for ticket sales in Utah. I was hoping maybe the Knicks would pick him up (It would be heaven to watch him and Amare Stoudmire kick it up) but that was waayyyyyyyy far fetched for him. But at least he’ll be playing with Tyreke Evans who is pretty good, and I like him anyways. Looks like I’ll be watching more Kings ball than I ever have…ever.
Good luck Jimmer baby!
The drafts this year….I can’t even put into words. It was just weird/funny/freaky/interesting/good/weird/ehhh/different. I don’t even know. Once again not thrilled, but not totally bummed either. I took notes on the first 20 picks then after that I just sat there and pondered about what had just happened.
Here are a couple of things I noticed:
1) I nailed it on the whole Cleveland- Kyrie love affair. Called it. Well, that was an easy guess, hah…
2) I kinda thought Kemba would be an earlier pick, but being #8 and now hitting it with the Bobcats isn’t too bad.
3) DUDE. What was the deal with the junkload of international imports?! Not that it bothers me, but I hadn’t heard too much about these players until I actually saw them pick up their hats. I found that totally out of wack. In the first 7 picks, FOUR of them were imported. What the.
4) What the freak is with Bismack Biyombo from the Congo?! He’s “ALLEGEDLY” 18, weighs 243 pounds, is 6″9 ft and has a wingspan of 7″7 ft. He’s not 18. Whatevs.
5) HAHAHAH half the international players could barely speak english. I was lol-ing hardcore. If you’re going to come to our country and make craploads playing ball, you might as well speak good English. Get some Rosetta Stone or something, I don’t know.
6) The top picks were generally tall, and HEAVY. Like, the give or take 240 lbs range. Impressive.
Not to mention, predictions this year were way off. Check out the stats from the mockdrafts:
#1 – Kyrie Irving – 12/12. (okay but this one was easy)
#2 – Derrick Williams – 11/12
#3 – Enes Kanter – 9/12
#4 – Tristan Thompson – 1/12
#5 – Jonas Valanciunas – 0/12
#6 – Jan Vesely – 8/12
#7 – Bismack Biyombo – 1/12
#8 – Brandon Knight – 0/12
#9 – Kemba Walker – 2/12
#10 – Jimmer Fredette – 2/12
So we’ll see how it all pans out. Interesting, huh? And here’s a picture of me mocking my 13 year old sister just for the fun of it.
peace, my basketball binder is breaking & July heat,